Alphonse Mucha continued his 1902 study of The Moon and Stars with this entry called Etoile Polaire (Pole Star). Here too, the nymph-like woman is floating in air while she seems to be attempting to shield her face from the bright light.
This lithograph is recreated from Mucha's original classic work while viewing the original at the Mucha Foundation. Therefore, the colours are a perfect match.
The lithograph is printed on Rives BFK acid free 100% cotton paper and is numbered 1/300 to 300/300. There is also 35 museum edition 30 artist proofs.
The recreation bears the chop marks of the Mucha Foundation and S2 Editions Atelier, while the signature of the chromist is printed unobtrusively on the lithograph in order to distinguish the recreation from Mucha’s original work.
- Title: The Moon and Stars Study for The Pole Star (Etoile Polaire 1902)
- Paper: French made acid free BFK Rives 100% cotton paper
- Printing Press: 19th century French Marinoni Voirin
- Image Size: 34" x 16"Publisher/Printer: S2 Editions Atelier
- Chop Marks: Mucha Foundation and S2 Art
- Certificate of Authenticity: S2 Art
- Edition Size: 300, ME 35, EA 30
- Hand Numbered: Lower left corner
- Packaging: Ships in a museum quality