This is a recreated, limited edition fine art hand-pulled lithograph of Alphonse Mucha's in-house poster that he created for F. Champenois. It's titled, F. Champenois Imprimeur-Editeur (Printer-Editor). In 1898, Champenois commissioned the artist to design the poster to serve as his in-house calendar.
This poster became widely popular and La Plume magazine commissioned Mucha to create a version for their company. The La Plume version, with the title: Reverie, also became popular however, they were sold without the lettering.
This lithograph is recreated from Mucha's original classic work while viewing the original at the Mucha Foundation. Therefore, the colours are a perfect match.
The lithograph is printed on Rives BFK acid free 100% cotton paper and is numbered 1/300 to 300/300. There is also 35 museum edition 30 artist proofs.
The recreation bears the chop marks of the Mucha Foundation and S2 Editions Atelier, while the signature of the chromist is printed unobtrusively on the lithograph in order to distinguish the recreation from Mucha’s original work.
- Title: F. Champenois Imprimeur-Editeur
- Paper: French made acid free BFK Rives 100% cotton paper
- Printing Press: 19th century French Marinoni Voirin
- Image Size: 22" x 28"
- Publisher/Printer: S2 Editions Atelier
- Chop Marks: Mucha Foundation and S2 Art
- Certificate of Authenticity: S2 Art
- Edition Size: 300, ME 35, EA 30
- Hand Numbered: Lower left corner
- Packaging: Ships in a museum quality tube