This lithograph is an exact recreation of Alphonse Mucha's, 1898, Reverie Vol 2. This image was first published, in 1897, as Parisian publisher, Cbampenois' in-house calendar. It was immediately sought-after, therefore, La Plume magazine hurried to publish it as a decorative panel titled, Reverie (daydream).
This lithograph is recreated from Mucha's original classic work while viewing the original at the Mucha Foundation. Therefore, the colours are a perfect match.
The lithograph is printed on Japanese paper and is numbered 1/300 to 300/300. There is also 35 museum edition 30 artist proofs.
The recreation bears the chop marks of the Mucha Foundation and S2 Editions Atelier, while the signature of the chromist is printed unobtrusively on the lithograph in order to distinguish the recreation from Mucha’s original work.
- Title: Reverie VOL 2
- Print Surface: Japanese Paper
- Printing Press: 19th century French Marinoni Voirin
- Paper size: 22" x 29"
- Publisher/Printer: S2 Editions Atelier
- Chop Marks: Mucha Foundation and S2 Art
- Certificate of Authenticity: S2 Art
- Edition Size: 300, M/E 35, E/A 35
- Hand Numbered: Lower left corner
- Packaging: Ships in a museum quality tube