This is the poster that secured Alphonse Mucha's place in the Salon des Cent (Salon of the One Hundred). The poster announces the 20th exhibition (XX me) for the Salon des Cent, a commercial art exhibition, which offers for sale the lithographic works of a group of artists that were associated with La Plume. The Salon art exhibitions took place at 31 Rue Bonaparte.
This lithograph is recreated from Mucha's original classic work while viewing the original at the Mucha Foundation. Therefore, the colours are a perfect match.
The lithograph is printed on Rives BFK acid free 100% cotton paper and is numbered 1/300 to 300/300. There is also 35 museum edition 30 artist proofs.
The recreation bears the chop marks of the Mucha Foundation and S2 Editions Atelier, while the signature of the chromist is printed unobtrusively on the lithograph in order to distinguish the recreation from Mucha’s original work.
- Title: Salon des Cent XX me (Salon des Cent 20th Exhibition)
- Paper: French made acid free BFK Rives 100% cotton paper
- Printing Press: 19th century French Marinoni Voirin
- Image Size: 21" x 29"
- Publisher/Printer: S2 Editions Atelier
- Chop Marks: Mucha Foundation and S2 Art
- Certificate of Authenticity: S2 Art
- Edition Size: 300, ME 35, EA 30
- Hand Numbered: Lower left corner
- Packaging: Ships in a museum quality tube