Ferdinand Champenois, Alphonse Mucha's printer, used the art nouveau artist's images to publish an annual calendar. The calendar shows one of Mucha's nymphs holding a catalogue of the artist's images. The images are falling from the nymph's lap letting us know that she is Mucha's muse.
Champenois was reportedly one of the most important printers between 1880 and 1910.
The artwork that you will be purchasing is a limited edition hand-pulled lithograph, of the Champenois Calendar image, by publisher, S2 Art Group, Ltd.
The lithograph was created under the endorsement of the Mucha Foundation and bears their chop mark as well as S2 Art's.
It was hand drawn at the Mucha Foundation while viewing the original artwork, therefore the colours are a perfect match making it difficult to distinguish it from the original.
- Chromist: David Copson
- Title: Champenois Calendar
- Paper: French made acid free BFK Rives 100% cotton paper
- Printing Press: 19th century French Marinoni Voirin
- Paper Size: 14" x 25"
- Publisher/Printer: S2 Art Group, Ltd
- Certificate of Authenticity: S2 Art
- Edition Size: 300, ME 35, EA 30
- Chop marks: Mucha Foundation and S2 Art
- Hand Numbered: Lower left corner