In 1899, Alphonse Mucha created a pair of decorative panels titled: Aurore et Crepuscule (Dawn and Dusk in English).
This panel depicts Dusk represented by a maiden preparing to sleep as she pulls the coverlet over her nude body as the sun settles.
The artwork that you will be purchasing is a limited edition hand pulled recreated lithograph, of the original Dusk panel, by publisher, S2 Art Group, Ltd.
The piece was created under the endorsement of the Mucha Foundation and bears their chop mark as well as S2 Art's.
It was hand drawn at the Mucha Foundation while viewing the original artwork, therefore the colours are a perfect match making it difficult to distinguish it from the original.
- Chromist: David Copson
- Title: Dusk
- Paper: French made acid free BFK Rives 100% cotton paper
- Printing Press: 19th century French Marinoni Voirin
- Image Size: 38" x 22"
- Publisher/Printer: S2 Art Group, Ltd
- Certificate of Authenticity: S2 Art
- Edition Size: 300, M/E 35, E/A 35
- Chop marks: Mucha Foundation and S2 Art
- Hand Numbered: Lower left corner
- Packaging: Ships in a museum quality tube