Sarah Bernhardt lent her image to Alphonse Mucha to use in his commission from the French biscuit company, Lefevre-Utile. This point of sale advertising poster is the only version to display the printed legend at the bottom left: "Sarah Bernhardt (La Princess Lointaine)".
Note: The lithograph being sold here is from the overrun, therefore, it's not numbered. The publisher always print overruns for replacements in case of damages.
This lithograph is recreated from Mucha's original classic work while viewing the original at the Mucha Foundation. Therefore, the colours are a perfect match.
The lithograph is printed on Rives BFK acid free 100% cotton paper and is numbered 1/300 to 300/300. There is also 35 museum edition 35 artist proofs.
The recreation bears the chop marks of the Mucha Foundation and S2 Editions Atelier, while the signature of the chromist is printed unobtrusively on the lithograph in order to distinguish the recreation from Mucha’s original work.
- Title: Lefevre-Utile
- Paper: French made acid free BFK Rives 100% cotton paper
- Printing Press: 19th century French Marinoni Voirin
- Paper Size: 24" x 32"
- Publisher/Printer: S2 Editions Atelier
- Chop Marks: Mucha Foundation and S2 Art
- Certificate of Authenticity: S2 Art
- Edition Size: 300, M/E 35, E/A 35
- Hand Numbered: no numbered overrun
- Packaging: Ships in a museum quality