This is a limited edition, hand-pulled fine art lithograph of Alphonse Mucha's, 1897, classic work of art titled: Au Quartier Latin.
Edition Number: EA 15/30
Mucha created the magazine cover for the Quartier Latin journal's second year of publication.
The poster was pulled on French handmade Rives BFK cotton paper, one colour at a time, on an 1900s French Marinoni Voirin printing press.
This piece was hand drawn at the Mucha Foundation while viewing the original artwork. As a result the colours are a perfect match. It is extremely difficult to distinguish this lithograph from the original.
It was printed at S2 Atelier in New York City by master printers, under the supervision of Technical Director, Raymond Mazza.
This lithograph bears the chop mark of S2 Editions Atelier. The signature of the chromist, David Copson, is printed unobtrusively on this lithograph in order to distinguish this recreation from Mucha’s original work.
- Chromist: David Copson
- Title: Au Quartier Latin
- Paper: French made acid free BFK Rives 100% cotton paper
- Printing Press: 19th century French Marinoni Voirin
- Image Size: 20.5" x 16"
- Publisher/Printer: S2 Art Group, Ltd
- Chop Marks: Mucha Foundation and S2 Art
- Certificate of Authenticity: S2 Art
- Edition Size: 300, ME 35, EA 30
- Edition Number: EA 15/30
- Hand Numbered: Lower left corner
- Packaging: Ships in a museum quality tube