Viking, the second addition to Montegrappa's elite Warrior Series has arrived to take its place alongside the award-winning Samurai. Possessing a body fashioned entirely of precious metals, the Viking limited edition fountain pen features articulated sections and special accessories declaring it as a welcome member "of an exclusive new genre of luxury action figures".
The Viking fountain pen is available in burnished sterling with 18k yellow and rose gold accents and hand enameled embellishments on the winged helmet. "Leather also features in the figure’s tassets and the scabbard that sheaths the letter-opener styled upon a Norse broadsword."
The sterling silver and gold version o the fountain pen is limited to 121 pieces referencing the 121 foot Roskilde 6, the 11th century, 100 crew, Viking longship that was discovered in 1997. The elaborate wooden presentation case, a miniature based on archaeologists' renderings of the 11th-century longship is carved from durmast oak. There are 6 examples 18k yellow gold Viking fountain pens, pertaining to the ship's name (weighing 18.5 oz).
The Viking is available as a fountain pen only with a unique engraved 18k gold nib with an ebonite feeder and the power-push filling system ("only the third time this proprietary filling mechanism has been integrated into a Montegrappa production model").
Fountain Pen Features:
- burnished sterling silver with 18k yellow and rose gold (121 units)
- 18k yellow gold (6 units)
- Other Material: leather
- 18k Gold Nib: extra-fine, fine, medium, broad, double broad, stub 1.1
- Filling System: power-push
Dimensions and Weight:
- Length: 170 mm
- Diameter: 53.0 mm
- Weight: 368.00 grams in sterling silver
- Weight: 525.00 grams in 18k yellow gold
- Material: durmast oak Viking ship
- Includes: pen, cap stand, ink bottle, broadsword letter-opener, booklet, and certificate of authenticity