In 1897, inspired by Byzantine art, Alphonse Mucha created a pair of decorative panels featuring female heads - one blonde and one brunette. As with all of Mucha's work, the images became extremely popular. So much so, that they were reproduced in number of formats "including this calendar" with grid image.
The artwork that you will be purchasing is a limited edition hand-pulled lithograph, of the Byzantine Head Blonde Calendar panel, by publisher, S2 Art Group, Ltd.
The lithograph was created under the endorsement of the Mucha Foundation and bears their chop mark as well as S2 Art's.
It was hand drawn at the Mucha Foundation while viewing the original artwork, therefore the colours are a perfect match making it difficult to distinguish it from the original.
- Chromist: David Copson
- Title: Byzantine Head Blonde Calendar
- Paper: French made acid free BFK Rives 100% cotton paper
- Printing Press: 19th century French Marinoni Voirin
- Image Size: 18" x 25"
- Publisher/Printer: S2 Art Group, Ltd
- Certificate of Authenticity: S2 Art
- Edition Size: 300, ME 35, EA 30
- Chop marks: Mucha Foundation and S2 Art
- Hand Numbered: Lower left corner